This week’s day in the life interview comes with Inigo Vega, co-founder and CEO at TheMotion! TheMotion works hard to build the future of video ads. They are a talented team solving beautiful challenges to achieve a common vision: bring the magic of video to everybody.
They believe in simplicity. They work to change the way people feel and make video advertising, at the touch of a button. They are all about motion.
1. First can you tell us a bit about your job? What does your company do?
I’m the Co-Founder and CEO of TheMotion.
TheMotion is a solution that enables any company with a digital product catalog (e-commerce, travel, hotels, classified marketplaces…) to create Video Ads for each and every product in their catalog – automatically, at massive scale and with dynamic updates. Check out here some examples of our video ads: Privalia, Kayak, Meliá.
We have just become a Facebook Marketing Partner, meaning we are easily and seamlessly distributing our Dynamic Video Ads through Facebook & Instagram… that in our experience are the platforms that deliver higher ROI for our customers.
2. What brought you to this area?
A global problem (video ad creation at scale), a humongous market in hyper growth (video-ad content creation).
3. What time does your day start, and what does your typical work day schedule look like?
I start early…around 6 am. 1 hour of running and arrive to the office at 8am..Days are long in Spain, but always have time to arrive home before dinner and spend some time with my 3 kids.
4. What kind of projects are you currently working on?
As a Facebook Marketing Partner we’re focused on delivering solutions for marketers to deliver performance campaigns with dynamic video-ads. We’re working on two solutions for e-commerce & travel at this time.
5. What do you consider the greatest achievement in your work to date?
The perfect combination between high quality content & automation for dynamic video-ads.
6. What is the one app you could not live without?
My Garmin App that tracks all my running sessions & sleeping hours.
7. What’s the best thing about working at your company?
Fast moving environment
Decision making every day
Learning and sharing as important values
People are very well trained, and we learn a lot from each other.
We have common goals.
8. Where is the after work hangout?
In a “typical”, old fashion spanish bar, right out of the fancy and modern skyscraper where TheMotion headquarters are located.
9. Who is your professional role model?
Elon Musk… Innovation & imagination have no boundaries.
10. Which tech trends are you most excited about?
The total dynamism and personalization we are able to experience right now in advertising, thanks to video technologies. Today it’s possible to take product data, create video ads at massive scale and update them on the go, as soon ad any data changes. Check out how this process looks like.
11. What are the top 3 qualities you look for in an employee?
Energy and drive – No startup scaled up in slow motion.
Chemistry – we will spend long hours together.
Ambition – being hungry to contribute and move the project further.
12. And finally, what is the one piece of advice you would give to an entrepreneur starting out?
Never give up!